Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Garden Tuesday -- Hosta La Vista!

I've still got bloomin' goin' on in the garden!  These hostas, shaded by the fence (one of the ones that fell during the non-tornado, straight line winds) on the south side of the yard, bloomed late.  This was taken in the morning; you can see a few little rays and shadows on the fence.


At one point, the hostas were nibbled down, but they're getting older and less appetizing to Peter Cottontail.  So they've graced my yard with flowers.  These are only about 2.5 feet high, but still, they're pretty strong.

I love how the creamy white blooms complement the creamy white edges of the neighbor hosta.  I'm going to divide some of the hostas from the north side of the house to this area later this month, so that next year this will be a real showplace in the yard.

Share your garden pics and enjoy the others at  Garden Tuesday, and Garden Party and Bloomin' Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. This year I cut some hosa blooms and brought them inside, I didn't realize that they smelled so good! Thanks for linking up to garden tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hostas are gorgeous! I've never tried them & I'm not sure we have enough shade. I'm visiting from the Tuesday garden party. We're about a days drive from you in SE Wyo, also zone 4 :)

    ReplyDelete