Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Garden Tuesday: Telltale Signs

Pretty hosta fleurs!  I really didn't think I'd see any this year, so I'm Thrilled!  Wish I'd gotten the pic when they were newer.



Taller than usual, but also more lavender-ish than the creamy flowers from last year.  I like them.  Maybe it has something to do with the drought.

As  if the hot weather patterns weren't enough, we've deduced additional sprinkler issues.  The death patterns in the lawn reveal problems from both issues.



We've given up on the lawn for the year, only watering every other day, only enough to simulate dormant conditions.  At this point, it's the only sensible thing to do.  Especially since a couple of sprinkler heads got broken.   Darn things don't go all the way down, and are easily damaged.

We will have the lawn aerated (probably early) this year, and water well before the end of fall.  And we're constantly pulling weeds!  But, yeah, it's pretty much over.  We fared better than many in our neighborhood this year.

And I enjoyed my first tomato, a Better Boy, very meaty and flavorful, but squishy.  More are reddening.  The BER plant has improved, and I believe I'll be getting some lovely fruits from it.

How did YOUR yard do this year?  Share your garden pics and enjoy the others at  Garden Tuesday, and Garden Party and Bloomin' Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment