Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Garden Too-Soggy-Day: Can't Do Nothin'

There is lots to be done in my garden, but this wicked weather won't cooperate.  Rain, hail, sump pump, rain, sump pump, snow, rain, sump pump, rain, sunshine?  Yay!  Rain and snow predicted for tomorrow.  I drove down West Dodge at 7:30 this morning, and it was a night. mare.  I'm trying to get a feel for what this might mean for summer weather.


The tree stump grinding has been rescheduled twice, the crabtree pruning is still on hold, the sprinkler guys cancelled this morning due to rain and lightning.  And, of course, I need to have Brad the bug guy out, but since he sprays outside, too, that has to all be coordinated.

The Purple Martin Scout Report shows Nebraska covered with purple dots.  Still no takers in my yard, though.  Even the sparrows are avoiding the bird house this year so far.  I don't get it.  Looks like it's in line for being sold this fall.  Any takers in Omaha?

Hope the weather is great in your neck of the woods.  Share your garden pics and enjoy the others at  Garden Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment